The stories of a huge biped animal wandering around in the forests or snow covered mountain regions of America and other countries as well are not new to a majority of us. This biped, better known as Sasquatch, the yeti or most commonly, Bigfoot, has been intriguing scientists, wildlife enthusiasts and the general population for quitter a number of decades now. Today you can find various claims of sightings of the Sasquatch that stretch as far back as the 1950s. Since there have been no explicitly clear photos or videos taken of this biped, and those that were taken are contested as being false, there are a lot of facts and myths about Bigfoot all over our mass media. It is only normal that if something is not out in plain view for everybody to see and judge for themselves that there will be various false stories added upon the true ones. The myths come from stories spun off the little known facts available.
Here Are Some Facts About Bigfoot...
• The first set of the big footprints usually more than 15 inches long were first discovered and reported by a British explorer by the name of David Thompson in 1811. Discoveries, sightings and claims of a humongous biped animal have therefore been in circulation for more than 3 centuries. As time has gone by there have been more footprints discovered and the frequency of the discoveries has significantly increased. The significant increase in these claims has been largely attributed to the spread of knowledge that there may be such a thing as a Sasquatch and thus the awareness has put a name to it and more people on the lookout. The continued improvement of methods of capturing images and video has also undoubtedly boosted claims as it is now easier for people to simply be prepared with a camera or voice recorder in the event of a sighting.
• The first alleged sighting of the Bigfoot was by a Roger Patterson. This was in 1967 in the northern regions of Bluff Creek California.
• The abominable snowman aka the Bigfoot was reported to have been in Asia in the mid-19th Century proving that the presence of the Bigfoot legend is not one that was limited only to America. The description given in Asia was that of a 7-10 foot tall biped covered in white fur with feet as long as 17 inches.
• The Almas is the very same type of biped known as Bigfoot but this time covered in white fur instead of the brown fur reported in America. The Almas was said to be from the Neanderthal man of early years as claimed by Soviet scientist Boris Porshnev.
• The first alleged picture of the Bigfoot dates back to the early 1950s and was taken by a wild life explorer named Eric Shipton. This was in the North Americas and gave way to the name of the Abominable snowman spotted roaming in the snow white landscape.
• The latest reported sighting of the Bigfoot is in Georgia in the year 2012 by a group of campers